What are Sleep-Wake Disorders? Sexual dysfunctions refer to a range of difficulties or disorders that affect an individual’s ability to experience sexual pleasure or engage in sexual activity. These dysfunctions can occur in both men and women and can manifest in various ways. Some common types of sexual dysfunctions include:
- Erectile dysfunction (ED): This refers to the inability of a man to achieve or maintain an erection that is sufficient for sexual intercourse.
- Premature ejaculation (PE): This is when a man ejaculates too quickly during sexual activity, often before he or his partner is ready.
- Delayed ejaculation: This refers to difficulty in reaching orgasm during sexual activity or taking a long time to reach orgasm.
- Female sexual arousal disorder (FSAD): This is a condition in which a woman has difficulty becoming sexually aroused or reaching orgasm.
- Vaginismus: This is a condition in which the muscles of the vaginal wall spasm or tighten, making sexual intercourse painful or impossible.
- Low libido: This refers to a decrease in sexual desire or interest.
Sexual dysfunctions can have various causes, including physical and psychological factors, and can have a significant impact on an individual’s quality of life and relationships. Treatment options include therapy, medication, and lifestyle changes.
Shervan K Shahhian